Senior Backend Developer
< BACK TO CAREERS
We’re looking for Senior Python Engineers for full-time work in a Canadian based tech company. We want someone who wants to make an impact on their peers, the product, and our customers. You would have a major impact on our back-end architecture. Good english and communication skills are crucial as you’ll be working in a global team. You should have senior level experience (~5+ years) building modern back-end systems, with at least 3 years of experience using Python.
We offer a great compensation package, a fun work environment, and an opportunity to be part of a great growth story with unlimited potential. Need more reasons? Advesa loves and takes care of our team members. We are proud of a collaborative culture and encourage a learning mindset. We have established career paths for our developers and many opportunities to grow and learn.
- Create and maintain an organized and efficient data models & APIs
- Back end programming following software development life cycle
- Develop and document tasks
- Perform code reviews
- Document internal and external source code
- Automatic and manual testing
- Troubleshoot deployed applications
- Collaborate with a variety of departments within the organization to design, build, test, and ship high quality software
- Other duties as assigned
- Senior-level experience (~5 years+) building modern back-end systems.
- At least 3+ years of experience using Python.
- Experience with web frameworks like Django or Flask.
- Experience publishing and consuming APIs.
- SQL and NoSQL Database skills.
- Experience with Manual and Automation testing
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge of full-stack software development.
- Experience using and contributing to open-source projects.
- Experience working with remote teams