< BACK TO CAREERS
We’re looking for a experienced mobile Android developer for full-time work in a Canadian based tech company. We want someone who wants to make an impact on their peers, the product, and our customers. Good english and communication skills are crucial as you’ll be working in a global team. .As an Android Developer you should be a passionate technologist, who champions quality and knows how to deliver. You will work in a cross functional team to deliver & support best-in-class applications, alongside with Software developers, Test Automation, Engineers, Product Owners and Scrum Masters.
We offer a great compensation package, a fun work environment, and an opportunity to be part of a great growth story with unlimited potential. Need more reasons? Advesa loves and takes care of our team members. We are proud of a collaborative culture and encourage a learning mindset. We have established career paths for our developers and many opportunities to grow and learn.
- Provide technical leadership in Android development.
- Work closely with Product Owner to understand the requirements and take it to implementation.
- Enjoy working with a global team of engineers to solve interesting technical challenges.
- Work flexible hours to connect with the team in Canada
- Develop features and fix bugs for our Android app
- Work in our iterative, agile software development process
- Design and write well-structured, easily maintainable, well-documented code
- Embrace a test-driven development process, and conduct code reviews with other members of the dev team.
- Work with our Product team to help implement user interfaces
What you need to be successful:
- Solid experience on Java and familiarity with Java design patterns
- Solid experience in mobile engineering
- A solid knowledge of Android SDK
- Get familiar with RESTful API
- Strong knowledge of Android application design principles, templates and best practices
- Understand Google’s Google user interface guidelines
- Familiarize yourself with GIT version control
- Practical skills on operating system commands like unix
- Unit test and automatic inspection
- Class building language
- Knowledge about mobile SDK Backbase and experience management is preferred
- Effective English communication skills in both written and verbal
- Deep experience working on a team of Android engineers building and maintaining large scale apps, or apps that you have built personally
- Agile experience
- Degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field preferred